The panel, titled “Election Issues in Western States,” will also explore the status of impeachment, issue differences in western states and the future of the California GOP. I will moderate the panel and present on Colorado’s transition from a swing and even Republican-leaning state up to about 2004 to an apparently mostly Democratic state in 2020. What were the dominant factors in the shift and how resilient is it?
The panel of pollsters is among California’s most prominent in the media and commentary.
- Mark Baldassare – President of Public Policy Institute of California. Californians and the 2020 presidential primary context.
- Mark DiCamillo – Director of the Berkeley IGS Poll. Updating voter preferences in California’s presidential primary and new poll findings about possible impeachment of President Trump.
- Jill Darling – Survey Director of USC Dornsife College’s Center for Economic and Social Research. Voting red in a very blue state: A look at California GOP.
- Gilad Amitai – Research Scientist at SurveyMonkey. Key differences in opinion in western states.
- Floyd Ciruli – Director of the Crossley Center for Public Opinion Research. Colorado: From swing state to solid blue?